Thursday, July 28, 2011

What a Week

My goodness it has been quite the weekend/week. Alivia was sick the whole weekend with a 102 fever and then it just suddenly went away Sunday night. I was so happy that she seemed to be getting better but she still wasn't herself so I took her in to the doctor yesterday. Looks like it's just a summer virus. She has been the fussiest/clingiest EVER. He said that adults who are getting this say that it gives them a pounding headache. Poor girl. It didn't help that Eric went out of town so we were on our own. Plus I'm trying to get ready for camping this weekend. Ugh! But today was much better and my mom came up to help and play with Alivia.

Eric and Mandy's birthdays are this weekend camping so I made some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes to take. I made an exception to our no processed food for their birthdays. I mean come on, you have to live a little. They look so yummy. They have a peanut butter filling inside that reminds me of a peanut butter ball without the chocolate coating. I might have died and went to heaven.


Then this little miss got into the dogs' water bowl and just went to town splashing. Uh gross but it kept her entertained while I finished dinner.

So I filled up a bowl with some toys and took her outside. Who knew tupperware and water could be so much fun!

I think the water felt good at first but when she was done, she was DONE. I will say this. I have so much admiration for single moms. I honestly don't know how they do it. I'm so exhausted when Eric has to go out of town for one night. I'm very thankful for a husband who is so hands on and works so hard to support his family!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - those cupcakes look divine and they seriously look store bought - I need to work on my baking craftiness!! And my girl is a big fan of the dog's water bowl...which grosses me out too but she always goes straight for it!!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete