Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bye bye, wheat...again.

As I've mentioned before, for the last several months I have cut out wheat (among other things) to help Alivia's acid relflux. Her refux has been gone for a few months now so I thought I could probably let her have some whole wheat bread. So on Saturday I gave her some delicious bread from Great Harvest. She LOVED it. Well, I think she has some sort of intolerance to it after all. It was so heartbreaking. Last night and again today she has had absolutely terrible stomach cramps (at least that's what it seems like) and just screamed and screamed in pain. It was awful. Even with her acid reflux she's never acted like this. She's sleeping peacefully now so hopefully since I'm not giving it to her anymore she'll just go back to normal. My poor babe :( Good thing I have a lot of months under my belt of no wheat!

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! Hopefully she will outgrow her intolerance. Not being able to eat Great Harvest bread is terrible!

    I thought I would mention that if someone has gone gluten-free for awhile, then when it's introduced back into their diet they usually don't feel great, even if they don't necessarily have an intolerance. It's like me and steak. I'm not intolerant to steak, but I eat it so rarely that when I do, I feel awful because my tummy doesn't have the enzymes to break it down. So, there's a little info for you, for whatever it's worth :)

    Only TWO MORE MONTHS until our girls are ONE!! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete