Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We're Still Alive

Well it's been about a million years since I've updated but here we go. Our days lately have been filled with sleep training. Oh the joy. Since Alivia's acid reflux is finally gone it was time to teach that girl how to sleep. She had a lot of bad habits due to the pain, mainly wanting to only sleep with me. And by sleeping with me, I mean holding onto my arm at all times during naps and night time. Needless to say that wasn't working for me anymore. So I resorted to letting her cry it out, which I swore I would never do, but nothing else was working. I still know that when she was tiny I never could have let her cry, but at this age I could tell she was just mad and that's a lot easier to deal with. So it's been 2 1/2 weeks and she is doing so great. The last few nights she's been sleeping until around 4, getting up to eat and then going back to bed until around 7. This is a true miracle as she was seriously waking up 5-10 times every night needing me to put her back to sleep. Thank the LORD!!!

Last weekend we had a family reunion and took Livy to the beach for the first time. She loved the sand!


Me and my girl:


For a guy who wanted a boy, he sure does love the little miss.


We got about 20 minutes of nice weather and then the rain came. And came. And came. At one point we all went down to the beach anyway and Eric brought his new RC car out. That was all fine and dandy until he let one of the little kids drive and they ran into my bare foot at 20 miles an hour. That was fun. I love trying not to cry in front of 20 people. Nice. Other than that it was a lovely weekend!

I'm just ready for summer to be nice and sunny so we can go outside and do this:

No comments:

Post a Comment