Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free Muffins

Over the past few months of having to go dairy free, sugar free and gluten free for Alivia's stomach problems I've learned a lot about being creative with my food. Basically I've been eating all whole foods - fruits, veggies, meat, etc. I don't get the convenience of processed or packaged food and that can be challenging. But this muffin recipe from my mom was one I was able to adapt and it's perfect for when I'm craving bread.

Mix the following:

2 1/4 cup gluten free oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix the following together and then add to the dry ingredients:

3/4 cup coconut milk (regular milk works fine if you aren't dairy free)
1/3 cup honey or real maple syrup
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla

Then you can add anything your heart desires like blueberries, bananas, craisins, any small diced fruit.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

I have these baking right now because they'll be a good snack for Alivia. It's hard since she can't eat wheat, so toast, small pieces of bread and that sort of thing are out. I think she'll really like these. And they freeze great!

Speaking of food, someone had a little too much fun with their yogurt tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment